Today's patch brings some new content to our existing factions as well as more improvements and fixes to our existing maps , vehicles and weapons.
The new assets are a new Russian 1P78 Kashtan scope for the AK-74M series and a new Gazelle attack helicopter for the French Forces. Check them out in the screenshots below! We are also introducing a few big changes to vehicles with a update to flares and ground vehicle camera systems. You can read all the details below. Enjoy the release!
And in case you missed it, don't forget about the recent COOP and retro mappack releases!
PR:BF2 v126.96.36.199 Changelog (2017/August/18)
- Fixed issue with PR Launcher not launching PR Mumble correctly.
PR:BF2 v188.8.131.52 Changelog (2017/August/18)
- Added !fps chat command. It will show the server performance to the player. Please report bad server performance on the forums.
- Added normal commo-rose options to grenades, epipens, shovels, medic/ammo kits and mines.
- Fixed field dressings sinking through vehicles and broken commo-rose functionality.
- Added AK-74M with 1P78 Kashtan scope. Added to various Russian Kits.
- Updated magnified Aimpoint scope by reducing its reticle dot size.
- Updated AA missiles to have increased turn radius, increased trigger distance and decreased splash damage radius.
- Fixed Starstreak Missile getting triggered by moving ground vehicles.
- Added SA-342 Gazelle to French Forces.
- Added driver and commander cameras to armored vehicles.
- Added Driver Vision Enhancement (DVE) to US armored vehicles. Activate with X in driver view.
- Updated MEC Gazelle to use HOT-2 missile.
- Updated flare launchers on choppers to throw flares further and faster from the aircraft.
- Updated Dutch Boxer PWV texture to fit better with other vehicles.
- Updated A-10A, increasing it's stability.
- Updated flare effects - by deadmanfoot.
- Updated flares to continue burning on the ground.
- Fixed F-15 stalling too early and is now easier to recover from stalling. Increased speed slightly.
- Fixed ZSU-23-4 Shilka and Type 95 SPAAA being able to do damage to itself.
- Fixed Scimitar using wrong 3P firing sound.
- Fixed Chinook helicopter being too slow.
- insurgency gamemode: New system to load weapon caches onto server. Improving server loading times and allowing for more cache locations.
- Assault on Grozny
- Changed all vehicles with 13.33m spawn to 15m spawn timer.
- INS64: Lowered RU Mi-8 spawntimer to 5m.
- Bijar Canyons
- New AAS flag routes, asset layout overhaul on AAS/CnC, added Insurgency layer.
- Iron Ridge
- Complete overhaul of existing layers.
- Added CNC, AAS32, Skirmish 32 and 64.
- Russian forces now use ironsight kits, scoped kits only on AAS64, CNC64 and INS16.
- Jabal al Burj
- AAS64: Fixed USMC crates on carrier not working.
- Added ambient sounds to map.
- Asset layout overhaul on INS.
- Route E-106
- Switched US Army for Dutch Forces on all layers. Brand new asset layouts.
- Fixed ticket bleed issues.
- Fixed blocked spawns.
- Added new AAS 16 and Skirmish 64 layers.
- AAS32:Added commander mortars to ARF.
- INS64: Added new SA-342 Gazelle.
Project Reality Mod Support
If you encounter any problems while installing and/or playing Project Reality: BF2, please check out the Project Reality Mod Support forum. If your problem has not already been posted by someone else, please do not hesitate to start a new thread asking for help. We will do everything we can to provide you with a solution, but we can't do anything if you don't ask first! And feel free to give any feedback or suggestions for future versions.
Support Project Reality!
The Project Reality Team develops this modification completely free of charge for its community to download and play. If you would like to show your support, please consider donating to our team. These funds go directly towards website expenses, including bandwidth, hosting, domain registration, and maintenance. We never use donation funds to directly pay team members.
For more information, please feel free to join us on our IRC channel or visit our public forums to discuss this and other news. Also, be sure to connect to Project Reality through social media to stay informed and receive up to the minute updates, the occasional leaked bit of information, and more! See you on the battlefield!
- The Project Reality Team