Outside from the usual fixes and smaller changes, this update marks a change in development for PR:BF2. Introducing new maps to the players was sometimes difficult as initial feedback would be scarce and only based on a few public play sessions during events. Today we introduce a new system by releasing a map before it's completion to all players and servers. This will offer us more feedback and will allow the mapping team to complete the new maps with this information in mind. We then also ask players to post their feedback and bug reports in the forums.
The first map we will introduce under this new system is Sahel. A 2x2km map being the first PR map in the jungle of Africa. Do note that under this new system the map will be visually incomplete and have more issues then usual. It also does not support a high amount of gamemodes and layers. The map is likely to be removed in a future patch awaiting it's completion and full release.
Want to help us test maps and other content? Sign up as a tester today.
v126.96.36.199 is available shortly for servers and will soon be available to clients through the automated updater.
PR:BF2 v188.8.131.52 Changelog (2017/April/13)
- Fixed game freezing shortly when switching BUIS mode.
- Fixed switching BUIS mode while chatting, menu open or game minimized.
- Updated BUIS to not switch mode while scoped in.
- Updated insurgency to show cache markers only 30 seconds before round starts.
- Updated ticket bleed to speed up the longer you hold the flag.
- Fixed being unable to use mortars in COOP.
- Fixed players getting kill statistics from disconnected players when joining server.
- Updated RealityAdmin so an admin can no longer ban or kick himself.
- Updated RealityAdmin to return a list of names when multiple results are found for a searched player name.
- Updated RealityAdmin by adding options for time based ban.
- Fixed AAVP driver from receiving explosion damage.
- Fixed Cobra gunner blocking pilots view.
- Fixed French RHIB driver animations.
- Fixed MV22 Osprey desycing at times for high ping players.
- Fixed NL Leopard 2A6 3rd seat MG camera.
- Fixed Puma side armor being too strong.
- Fixed T-72B turret collision issue when turret is disabled.
- Fixed cage showing on 1P camera of passengers on GB Warrior.
- Updated Avenger by adding thermal vision, reducing recoil and adjusting deviation to be similar to M2/M3.
- Updated PT-76 driving physics.
- Updated T-72B turret to have less weakpoints visible from front.
- Updated Tiger helicopter to be easier to land.
- Fixed HK416 firing sound not matching fire rate.
- Fixed HK416 using wrong projectiles.
- Fixed some attack helicopters having no deviation on their guns.
- Fixed mines not being removable sometimes.
- Updated bomb truck projectile to be invisible and silent.
- Updated all transport choppers to use regular .50cal.
- Updated attack helicopters small arms to have slightly more splash.
- Updated gunship helicopters deviation.
- Updated overheat system for attack helicopters based on caliber, barrel count and fire-rate.
- Added Sahel BETA (2x2 km) - FR vs ARF - AAS, INS, Skirmish
- Added Vehicle Warfare layers to Kashan Desert (ALT with CF), Shijia Valley, Khamisiyah and Bijar Canyons.
- Updated ambient visual & sound effects on several maps to improve and fix issues.
- Updated fields to have less impact on client performance.
- Al Basrah
- COOP: Fixed crate issues and flag clipping.
- Burning Sands
- Fixed floating buildings.
- Fixed the brickwall being positioned through the hall
- Fixed ambient sounds playing across the entire map.
- INS: Removed bad cache.
- Operation Barracuda
- AAS: Made all flags neutral from start. Added spawndelay to PLA/NVA assets.
- AAS32: Replaced BTR60s with one delayed PT76.
- Operation Marlin
- Removed INS32.
- AAS: New flag routes.
- AAS16: Updated to FR vs Hamas.
- AAS64: Replaced BTR60 with MTLB .50. Both teams start with half flags captured with forward spawns.
- AAS32: Both teams start with no flags captured.
- INS64: New cache positions, new main base locations.
- Owai River
- AAS: Fixed flag bleed issues.
- Sbeneh Outskirts
- AAS: Removed pickup kits. Adjusted spawn times on vehicles. Fixed missing bleed.
- Added AAS16, INS16 and CNC16.
- Silent Eagle
- Removed AAS32.
- Shijia Valley
- Moved AAS32 to AAS64. Removed old AAS64.
- Removed pickup sniper kits.